Sunday, April 1, 2012

Yoga and commitments

Since last December, I've increased the usual 60mins Sunday class to 90mins. Not sure why though. Perhaps it was due to the fact that I have students coming from as far as Bangi for the class and find it worthwhile for her to attend a longer class for her effort every week. You see, she has been in class since 2 years ago and I've had the pleasure of seeing her progress all these times and it is rewarding to bear witness to such thing. I know that it sounded absurd to decide on such thing based on one student but I guess, as a teacher, nothing gives you more pleasure to see such passion in class.
The Sunday class has grew and the students changed as months passed. We have new students and few old ones. Most have never done yoga in their lives and decided to start for reasons only known to them but some started because of injuries. For whatever reason, I'm glad some have open their hearts and minds to yoga. Yoga is, after all, for everybody.
On whether or not, they would still be there next few months, only God knows.

I've also started a personal class with a 45yrs old working lady at ungodly 6.30am twice on weekdays. When I started work last November, I decided not to take any classes on weekdays as I thought I wanted more 'me' time as I've already have weekend classes to commit to but...I  don't why but when I got her text, after some thoughts, decided to take the challenge. Yes, having class at 6.30-7.30am twice weekdays with fulltime job is by no means 'a walk in the park'. Funnily since started last 2 weeks, I felt more energise going to office right after as the feeling of accomplishment after each class took over me. Life is funny that way.

With all the happenings in my personal life, I've decided to get my mind occupied with things..things that matters, things that fulfilling, things that makes me better, things that makes me stronger. And that is how I'm gonna live my life from now on. You can't change people in your life but you can change yourself and insist on being happy! 

3 comments:

Ayya Henrietta said...

Hi, im recently staying at ttdi and very interested to join yoga class. Can you give me a feedback at ayyahenrietta@gmail.com?
I really want to know about the class schedule, the location and the fee. thanks!

Ayya Henrietta said...

Hi, im recently staying at ttdi and very interested to join yoga class. Can you give me a feedback at ayyahenrietta@gmail.com?
I really want to know about the class schedule, the location and the fee. thanks!

Kumando said...

Hi, I like Yoga because it's not only give me good health while able my mind be calm. I learn it from Breathe Yoga Studio, please see some of my review for Breathe Yoga Studio at kidbuxblog.com.