Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Off the Mat and into your Life


When I finish a class, I always tell them - take your yoga with you, off the mat. Keep it with you all the time. Keep this inner silence, this inner balance, and this clarity. When it leaves you, bring it back, coax it back, and then, eventually it will become a part of you.

If there is one thing yoga has brought me it is a little more calm, a sense of "this too shall pass". Some of my friends can't believe (and some can't take) this change from the alpha A+ person they knew to the to aspiring B (or C or Z). I'm not completely there yet, may never get there, but the journey is sweet.

And my favourite poses? Balances of course. Yours?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My sense of peace and calm usually stays with me while driving home from yoga. I feel somewhat contend about the going-ons of my life and usually smile to myself a lot. Kind of the same feeling I get when I finish my run especially a long one. They call it 'the runner's high'..still can't understand why some people take drugs or other substances when there are many things one can choose to do to get the same effect not to mention the glow on your skin. Any thoughts, anyone?